おはようございます！ As promised, here’s the recipe to Paul’s peanut butter kiss cookies!
We went to the Costco near Shinmisato Station in Saitama a few weeks ago and indulged ourselves in buying all the American food we could haul home on the train (it took Paul and I both our backpacks and two huge bags each to get it all back to Tatebayashi). The only peanut butter we can find in our town are little jars of peanut butter that cost $5, or peanut cream, which is fluffy and whipped – so we were SO HAPPY to find these two big jars at Costco for $13!
Most lovely of all were the Hershey’s Kisses we found! They’re a lovely finishing touch to the cookies.
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
Makes about 50 cookies.
- 1 and 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cups softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups of wheat flour
- hershey’s kisses
- one bowl of sugar for coating
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, mix the first nine ingredients until smooth.
- Roll the dough into a small ball about 1.5 inches. Roll the ball in sugar for a light coat. Place on parchment paper in a baking pan and press the ball into a disc with a fork, making a crosshatch pattern on the top. Press a hershey’s kiss in the centre.
- Bake for 6 minutes. Let it cool in the tray for a minute or two and then remove to a plate to cool. To avoid sticking, don’t let the cookies touch while they cool.